PEAKE HOLIDAY FACTS & FUN
Below are some fun facts about the holiday season for you to share with your house guests and dazzle them with your holiday knowledge! Don't worry...we don't mind if you take all the credit!
- The world's largest Christmas present was the Statue of Liberty. The French gave it to the U.S. in 1886. It is 46.5 meters high and weights 225 tons!
- 7 in 10 dogs will get Christmas gifts from their owners this year.
- Santa visits 832 homes every second to deliver all his presents.
- "Jingle Bells" was first written for the Thanksgiving holiday and then became one of the most popular Christmas songs.
- Animal Crackers are not really crackers, but cookies that were imported to the United States from England in the late 1800s. Barnum's circus-like boxes were designed with a sting handle so that they could be hung on a Christmas tree.
- The movie "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (2000) features more than 52,000 twinkle lights, about 8,200 ornaments, and nearly 2,000 candy canes.