When it comes to stacking your Instagram feed with photos your friends will love to double-tap,...
Paddle the Peake
Embark on a thrilling aquatic adventure with Paddle the Peake app and unlock a world of rewards as you explore the majestic waterways of Chesapeake - Get the App now or learn more below!
Paddle the Peake Reward Levels
|Creek Crawler||1 Check-in||Paddle the Peake Sticker|
|Stream Splasher||3 Check-ins||Paddle the Peake Dry Bag|
|River Runner||6 Check-ins||Paddle the Peake Hat|
|Paddle Pro||9 Check-ins||Paddle the Peake Nalgene Water Bottle|
And don’t forget to brag for swag! Share your paddle adventures with the hashtags #PaddleThePeake and #VisitChesapeakeVA for the chance to earn even more prizes.
Pop-up Check-in Location NEW this Summer
Weekends on the Lake at Oak Grove Lake Park will be an additional check-in location for Paddle the Peake rewards!
- Once you’ve downloaded the Visit Chesapeake app, visit the Passport and sign up for Paddle the Peake.
- After you’ve registered, head to one of the many exciting put-in sites listed, including top-rated Chesapeake paddling destinations like Great Bridge Lock Park, Dismal Swamp Canal, and Northwest River Park.
- Then—before you row away in your kayak, canoe, or other watercraft—find your location, click the “Check-in” button, take a photo of the blue Paddle the Peake sign (shown left), and upload your image to the app.
- Here's a hint - you must be on the water to see the sign.
- Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and "level up" to earn fun perks along the way!
Exploring Chesapeake’s beautiful waterways and awe-inspiring wildlife by kayak, canoe or paddle-board just got even more exciting with the new Paddle the Peake Passport. This FREE passport guides you to the great places to paddle, the history and ecology of local waterways, Chesapeake flora and fauna, and more as you “level up” for fun perks along the way.
Explore Northwest River Natural Area Preserve known as the “Paddle of Paradise”; or the Dismal Swamp Canal, part of the Intracoastal Waterway – rich with history dating back to the Civil War and a stop on the Underground Railroad. In total there are nine locations to explore.
Prizes will be awarded for the number of unique location check-ins you do. Make it a road trip or weekend getaway and earn fun swag like dry bags, hats or the exclusive Paddle the Peake Nalgene water bottle. Here is how you can earn rewards: