Guidelines for Chesapeake Event Calendar
The primary audience for the event calendar are individuals who are considering or planning a trip to Chesapeake. Potential visitors are seeking an added incentive to come to the area - a unique experience.
Postings will be limited to only those abiding by the following guidelines:
* All entries must be submitted no less than 14 days prior to the date of the event and be held in the city of Chesapeake.
* All submission forms must be filled out entirely, including event description and contact information. Forms with blank entry fields or no description will not be processed for posting.
* All events must be open to the general public, not just to organization members or pass holders.
* Examples of posted events include festivals; sporting events; traveling or temporary exhibits/exhibitions or shows; community and professional performances; and college or university-level performances.
* Auditions, classes, workshops, recitals, K-12 school performances, church services, camps, tradeshows and fundraisers are not posted on the Event Calendar.
* No solicitations will be accepted. Community fundraisers may be accepted at the discretion of the Tourism office.
For more information on the event submission guidelines, please contact the Tourism staff.