Chesapeake Support Services
We are happy to provide an array of support services to help you make your next meeting a smashing success, serving as your meeting support team. Our experienced sales and services team offers complimentary and personalized support services to make planning meetings refreshingly easy.
When you start the planning process, contact our office and you will be connected with a sales manager who specializes in your market or event type.
Whether you're looking to host your event or meeting at one of our meeting hotels, a unique venue or the Chesapeake Conference Center, our Convention Services Team will help gather venue and hotel proposals based on your RFP requirements. We'll even make recommendations based on your event and budget needs.
- Familiarization Tours and Site Inspections - Pre-event scheduling and planning can mean the difference between an ordinary event and an extraordinary one. Our team will schedule site inspections and familiarization visits so you can tour potential properties. We'll also accompany you on those visits to ensure your needs are met and expectations exceeded!
- Pre-Meeting Brochures & Promotional Collateral - Attendance building is critical to any event's success. We'll help promote your event and the destination by mailing "save the date" postcards and Visitor Guides.
Once your event is booked, our Convention Services Team will work with you to provide a wide range of services to make sure your meeting is a success and that your attendees feel welcome.
- Local Service Referrals - We'll help you leverage our local knowledge and personal contacts with a wealth resources ranging from caterers, photographers, AV suppliers, florists, entertainment, transportation companies and much more!
- On-site Welcome Desk & Visitor Materials - Looking for things to do in Chesapeake? Consider us your group's personal guide to the city. Our team will provide visitor and dining guides, brochures and area maps - we'll even staff information tables during registration and peak periods to field questions and make recommendations. We also offer complimentary welcome packets, brimming with suggestions and things to do.
- Publicity - Our media relations team can assist in generating interest in your event by distributing news releases and media advisories to journalists. We also supply copy and background information on Chesapeake and the region for your marketing and public relations needs.
- Talking Points, Photography, E-news Masthead - We're here to help you market your event, encourage attendance and boost enthusiasm. We'll arm your marketing team with vivid photography, e-newsletter mastheads, talking points and other promotional materials to market both your event and the destination.
- Support Services - We work regularly with meeting and event planners to obtain personalized welcome letters from the mayor and other high-ranking government officials. We also help secure local dignitaries for welcome addresses to groups during opening sessions, provide welcome signage, name badges and arrange for volunteers to welcome your group to the city.
- Let us suggest activity-filled itineraries that can be integrated as part of an event or offered to your attendees when they have free time. We also develop spousal programs, arrange special tours and help coordinate other special off-site events.
- PeakePerks Coupon Book - Our Peake Perks coupon book offers special deals at Chesapeake's best restaurants, accommodations and attractions.