Gone are the days where you see your living room in the background of your virtual meetings. Now you can meet while kayaking on Lake Drummond. Or take in a sunset at Elizabeth River Park. Whether you're meeting with coworkers or having a happy hour with friends, Zoom conferencing is a way for all of us to stay connected to each other during this time. Check out this great collection of amazing places in Chesapeake to take your next virtual meeting up a notch. You will find instructions on how to use them at the bottom of this post.
Share a screenshot of your call on social media! Tag us with @VisitChesapeakeVA on Instagram and use #ExploreChesapeakeFromHome.
How to Use Your Zoom Background on Desktop
- Download your preferred background above.
- Drag the image from your browser onto your desktop.
- Download the Zoom app for Mac or Windows.
- Open the app and sign in.
- In the upper right corner, click your profile picture and then click on “Settings.”
- In the left menu, click “Virtual Background.” (If you don't see it, log in to the Zoom website, go to “Settings” and toggle on “Virtual Background.”)
- In the “Virtual Background” menu, click the (+) icon.
- Select and upload your new Visit Chesapeake background. You may notice that the “Visit Chesapeake” logo is backwards. However, to others, the logo will appear as normal.
How to Use Your Zoom Background on Mobile
- Click the download link above for your preferred background.
- Hold down the image and select "Add to Photos."
- Download the Zoom app for iOS or Android.
- Open the app, sign in, and join a meeting.
- Tap the three dots in the bottom right to open the “More” menu.
- Tap “Virtual Background.”
- Select and upload your new Visit Chesapeake background.